MB0039 Q3. List and briefly describe the five most important guidelines, in your opinion, to be followed when making oral business presentations.
Some basic rules need to be followed when using them –
1. Use Visual Aids only if they Add Value – Make sure that you have a reason to use a visual, rather than using it for its own sake. If your ideas are better explained through words, avoid the visual, since this will only distract the attention of the audience.
2. Match your Visuals with the Level of the Audience – Your visual aids should be made more or less sophisticated, depending on your audience. For example, if you are making a presentation to top management, the graphics should be extremely polished. For less formal presentations, simple graphics created on your own computer or laptop should be sufficient.
3. Make the Visuals Clear and Large enough – Avoid creating visuals that are so small that that they have to be described. It is better to use no visual support, than to use visuals that cannot be seen.
4. Make the Visuals Simple – When creating visuals, avoid making them too intricate and detailed, so that the audience can understand them without difficulty.
5. Avoid Too Much Text with Visuals – Visuals should have short captions, using only key words and simple typefaces, so that attention is drawn to the visual alone. For the sake of easy identification, make sure that each visual is given an appropriate caption and is numbered.
50 Responses to “MB0039 Q3. List and briefly describe the five most important guidelines, in your opinion, to be followed when making oral business presentations.”
Write a comment
You need to login to post comments!