2.1 MANAGEMENT OF FINANCIAL SERVICES
1. How does the economic challenges of the past 18 months has affected the venture capital market? Have the criteria for investment changed significantly? Discuss with relevant facts.
2. In the recent past many investors lost money on stocks and mutual funds because of an economic downturn caused by global banking and financial crises. At the same time many experts argued that this was a “Real Investment Opportunity” because of the depressed price for many stocks and mutual funds. Do you think today is a good time to begin an investment program? Justify your answer.
3. The Indian corporate debt market as of now is not yet a fully developed market compared to securities market. Hence, to make the corporate debt market more efficient and vibrant, what are the issues that need to be addressed and resolved?
4. “There are many institutions which facilitate the capital market process in addition to banks.” Identify these institutions and discuss the role played by them.
2.2 INTERNATIONAL FINANCE
1. Discuss the usefulness of IBRD in facilitating and promoting long-term investment. Examine the functions and working of the world bank.
2. Critically review the recent trends in the India’s Balance of Payments and state the causes and effects in the Indian economy.
3. Critically evaluate the success of STC of India in achieving the objectives for which it was established.
4. An Indian Company has 6000 crores surplus funds. It wants to invest in international capital market for three years. As an international financial manager you are expected to suggest any two portfolio options based on the above criteria. Make necessary assumption, discuss and justify your answer.
2.3 FINANCIAL ANALYSIS AND
1) “Accounting Ratios are mere guides and complete reliance on them in decision making is suicidal” – Elucidate.
2) “Revenue expenditure reduces working capital whereas the charging of depreciation does not.” Explain.
3) “Stock Exchange is a den of inequity.” – do you agree?
4) Bring out the Although such conditions virtually never exist for humans, our follow-up respondents (as did all our other respondents) had very easy access to buy-detox.com –culturally and geographically. various ethical issues that are prevailing in the services offered by the Indian Financial Institution.
2.4 MANAGEMENT OF FUNDS AND ASSETS
1. Why leasing as a means of financing has not been effective in India? Explain.
2. When capital is in short supply, what are the methods you can use to allocate the funds for different investment proposals?
3. “Financial system is a barometer of
business conditions” – Discuss.
4. What are the dangers of misallocation of funds? Explain the organization of funds management and its relationship with other functional area of enterprise?
2.5 INVESTMENT, SECURITY AND
1. Long term investors should give importance to fundamental analysis rather than technical analysis. Justify the statement.
2. Recommendations are available in various sources like magazines, financial dailies, websites, broker offices and so on. How far are these recommendations really helpful to the investors?
3. Net Selectivity and Market Timing Ability are two most important skills for attaining profit in the capital market. Discuss.
4. “Companies with high credit risk are the ones that cannot access fixed rate market directly. They are the companies that are most likely to be paying fixed and receiving floating in an interest rate swap”. Do you think it increases or decreases the risk of a financial institutions swap portfolio? Assume that companies are most likely to default when interest rates are high.
2.6 STRATEGIC MANAGEMENT
1. Compare the competitive strategies adopted by leading telecom companies in India. Which is more successful? Why?
2. Identify a FMCG company successfully diversified into durable products market and a durable manufacturing company failed to diversify in any other category. Discuss the reasons.
3. Compare between “cost leadership” Vs “Product differentiation” strategies. Provide suitable examples from corporate world.
4. What do you understand by competitive advantage? Explain how this is critical towards maintaining the leadership in the market. Use automobile market as an example.
One Response to “Financial Mgt”
Write a comment
You need to login to post comments!